Hey, how’s everyone doing this fine day? Meghan Masterson was kind enough to think of me as she passed out Liebster Awards. Thanks, Meghan. You can find her Liebster post by following this link. You should probably follow her too. She’s full of historical facts and other writerly things. You just may learn something new too.
Since this is my third Liebster, I should be an expert, right? This is the part of the post where I tell everyone on the internet eleven things about me. Are you ready?
- I prefer beer over wine. In fact, I really don’t like wine at all. Please, don’t offer me any.
- I’m not a fan of milk. While I’m not allergic, it sometimes does bad things to me.
- I have broken four bones in my lifetime–left wrist, two toes (one big, one little), and a ring finger. Almost all happened while playing basketball.
- I prefer boxer shorts. You’re welcome.
- I’m rarely clean shaven because of my sensitive skin. I’m usually sporting some kind of stubble, but not a full beard.
- I’ve needed glasses since the fifth grade but have always hated wearing them until I got older. I don’t mind glasses anymore.
- I wanted to be a teacher when I was in high school. It never happened.
- Before Buck, my current dog, I adopted a black Lab mix with a hole in her heart. She lived almost three years. Her name was Jasmine. She loved the snow. I miss her.
- I believe in ghosts and haunted houses.
- I’m the person my sister prefers to babysit her kids. From dirty diapers, puke, and homework, I’ve seen it all….and lived to tell the tale.
- Without music, life wouldn’t be as fulfilling. Yes, I sing along. Yes, I can carry a tune. Yes, I play the guitar too…but not while I sing. Weird.
Bonus fact: I’m a Sagittarius. Here are a few traits: the Sagittarius individual is a free spirit who is an easy-going, optimistic, inquisitive, and very straightforward soul who was born to explore, both inwardly and outwardly. Don’t ask me why I included this. Maybe it helps explain why I’m me? Anyway, there you have it.
Well, what do you think? TMI? It’s all in the name of fun, and science! Next I have to answer eleven additional questions straight from Meghan as she twists my arm. Aren’t you guys lucky?
- What is your most random talent? Singing, painting, and playing the guitar weren’t enough? Geez, tough crowd! How about this, I can fix just about anything.
- You’ve been offered a chance to go to the moon. Do you accept? Absolutely! They may need me to fix the shuttle along the way. Plus, OUTER SPACE!!!
- What is the most memorable book you have read this year? I’m going to go with Brian Ruckley’s Godless World Trilogy. Yeah, I know a trilogy means three books but they go together so well. You’ll find out how much I loved them in the book reviews tab at the top of the page.
- Do you have a favorite word that you overuse, or wish you had opportunity to use more often? I try to slip the word “pernicious” into each of my manuscripts. It’s just a fancy way to say evil.
- What is your favorite season, and why? Winter. I love the snow. It makes me feel at peace.
- If you could see any band/artist in concert, from any time period, and meet them afterword, who would it be? Beethoven. I’d want to see just how much of a genius and how deranged he really was. Plus Moonlight Sonata is one of my favorite songs. I’d definitely pick his brain about that too.
- What was your favorite childhood movie? Ghostbusters. That probably explains a lot.
- Let’s say you have invented a time machine. Where do you go first? Nowhere. I smash the hell out of it. Things happen for a reason, even the bad things. It would take one pernicious person to destroy the world. We’re probably better off without time machines. And yes, I totally slipped pernicious into this post for a second time. Ha!
- Would you rather do a speech in front of a hundred people, or go to the dentist for a root canal? Easy. I’d give the speech and wonder why only a hundred people showed up. I have no problem speaking in public. Bring it on.
- If you could shift into any kind of animal, which one would you try first? A cheetah. I want to experience how fast they run.
- If you suddenly needed three hours less sleep than normal, what would you do with those extra three hours? Write more, critique more, and read more. Maybe clean a little more too. I’m neat like that.
There you have it. Twenty two things you never knew you wanted to know about me. Try not to use them against me or I’ll rebuild that time machine and clean your toilet with your toothbrush. You’ll never know! Mwuh-ha-haaaa!
The first eleven folks who want to tackle these questions (because they are great questions) should go for it. Just make sure you give Meghan a shout out because she came up with them.
Thanks again, Meghan. Any excuse to have a bit of fun is all right with me.