Here you’ll find some of my shorter fiction. Let me know what you think.
- Labor of Love (featured as part of The Sirens Call e-magazine, Volume Eleven–Revenge) Read it for free here: https://descentintoslushland.wordpress.com/2014/05/08/labor-of-love/
- Nothing But Net Published in Dark Carnival: An Anthology of Horror, from Pen & Muse Press.
- Flesh Never Lies (complete at 3,000 words) A serial killer hunts their next victim, but is someone hunting them?
- The Dragon’s Tinder (complete at 4,150 words) A retelling of Hans Christian Andersen’s classic fairy tale, THE TINDERBOX, featuring vampires and revenants, with a medieval setting. Accepted for publication in Twice Upon a Time anthology, from The Bearded Scribe Press.
- The Brodgar Ring (complete at 4,635 words) Loosely based on the Grimm Brothers’ classic fairy tale, LITTLE BRIAR ROSE, set in Orkney, Scotland, featuring a witch, a cursed briar patch, a stranded princess, and the living dead.
- Covert Genesis (complete at 6,000 words) (featured in SNAFU: An Anthology of Military Horror, published by Cohesion Press)
- The Crimson Snow (featured as part of the Santa Clash project, presented by The Midnight Type) Read it here: http://themidnighttype.wordpress.com/2013/12/01/24-days-til-christmas-murder-mystery-the-crimson-snow-by-brian-taylor/
- Through Mourning (complete at 4,800 words) Published in At Hell’s Gates: Bound By Blood. For the past three years Byron Wingate has eked out an existence in a zombie infested NYC haunted by the fate of his missing daughter. He made a promise to find her. Thus far he’s failed. When he sees a strange girl skipping through the undead hordes he feels compelled to help. The lines between what’s real and what isn’t blur. The girl, he believes, is the key. But will she lead him to salvation or damnation? With his sanity faltering, and the undead closing in, Byron may soon discover sometimes ignorance really is bliss.
- Death Blossoms (complete at 8,600 words) After a fatal crash, car thief, Armando Castillo, and several other recently deceased folks come face to face with their deepest fears as they race to claim Charon’s coin and safe passage through the Underworld. There’s only one catch: First one to the coin wins. How far will Armando go to save his soul? Accepted for publication in Paying the Ferryman anthology, from Charon Coin Press. Coming Summer 2015.
- Night of the Hunter (complete at 3,900 words) A woman searches for her missing cousin only to find a mysterious house filled with specters…and something unbelievable. Read it for free here: http://penandmuse.com/pen-muse-haunt-night-hunter-brian-w-taylor/
- Project Lupine (complete at 5,700 words) A genetics lab deep in the heart of the Adirondack mountains houses secret experiments and the key to humanity’s evolution, whether they’re ready for it or not. Accepted for publication in SNAFU: Wolves at the Door, by Cohesion Press.
- An Unfamiliar Sky (complete at 6,000 words) A seven crew star ship encounters numerous complications as they lead the remnants of humanity from a dying earth to their new home planet.
- From the Cold (complete at 6,000 words) A Black-ops mission to spy on increased Russian military presence in Antarctica leads a team to a cavern filled with corpses and an ancient secret buried beneath the ice.
- Leprechaun’s Clearing (complete at 4,100 words) A fifteen-year-old girl stumbles upon an ancient evil and must outwit and outsing her way from the snare that is leprechaun’s clearing or lose her family and soul forever.